Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Out on the Town

Kurt and I just spent a wonderful weekend in my favorite town - Chicago - just the two of us. Kurt booked a beautiful hotel right on the Chicago river. (go Priceline!) We decided to each pick a couple things we wanted to do. Kurt chose hockey and ice skating. I chose art and pizza. We wore our legs out walking around the Art Institute of Chicago. We enjoyed Picasso, Van Gough, Monet, and my favorite painting by Seurat, A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte. It is so amazing to see those painting that you studied in school, in large and in person.


We then enjoyed our gourmet meal at Giordano's - the best pizza in the world. Doesn't it look good? I could almost eat the picture. :) Sunday we found a downtown church. Let's just say we immediately noticed and greeted as visitors. I always enjoy worshiping with a new group of people. We at lunch at the United Center as we watched the Blackhawks beat the Vancouver Canuks.

After watching a bunch of professional skaters, we made our own attempt ice skating - in downtown Chicago. We skated surrounded by the tall sky-scrapers and the reflection of them on the "big bean". Millineum Park has this cool bean shaped mirror. It's amazing how it reflects the skyline. I wish it could reflect how great I felt this weekend.

2 comments:

Chris Moyer said...

That sounds like an amazing trip. Those will be some great memories for a long time. I'm glad you were able to do a trip like that.

Kevin and Tonya said...

Chicago is a great town. I want to take Tonya there. I am so happy for you two and that you get to share these new experiences together. It is good to see your faces enjoying life.

Kevin